DjangoBooks.com

FS: Rodrigo Shopis

thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
edited March 2018 in Classifieds Posts: 22
Hi everyone!

I hate to part with it, but for sale is my beautiful Rodrigo Shopis. Favino size, spruce top, walnut neck and rosewood back and sides. My exclusive gigging guitar from when I bought it in 2015, until this past summer. Its a killer guitar, but just not the right voice for me. It's got a dry, traditional sound, with well rounded bass and even tempered midrange. It really shines on waltzes.
Its got some bumps and bruises, but is structurally sound and ready for action. There's a scuff on the headstock from a tuner, evidence of a strap button on the neck heel and a repaired veneer from a mishap in Africa with an ischell jack. All blemishes are pictured. Included is a Gator Transit Gig Bag. Guitar is located in Brooklyn, NY.

For some reason (no matter how many times I try) I cannot upload any photos. For the time being, email me at [email protected] if you'd like to see any photos.

$3500 obo.

Thanks.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KI2UBRkMXX4

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Nice playing! I love Rodrigo's guitars. My first was a secondhand Favino style one similar to yours. I'm sorry I let it go, but I now have a custom built Shopis that I will never part with.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Does anyone know what kind of finish there is on the RS guitars?

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia

I don't know exactly what he uses, but it is a very light varnish brushed on by hand.

Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles