DjangoBooks.com

Looking for Soundslice Teacher

Holmes1Holmes1 ChicagoNew Dupont MD50
in Repertoire Posts: 8
Hey guys,

Would anybody out there like to transcribe some waltzes for me using Soundslice? I would love to learn La Gitane, MSG, Indifference, etc. Not really interested in learning via ear or tab at the moment. I would like to connect with a teacher online and learn the tunes via the Soundslice format. Willing to pay of course, not looking for a free handout haha.

Thanks, Holmes

Comments

• What about DC Music, specifically Angelo's Volume 3? There's no scrolling tab, but there's a crystal clear video and the ability to slow it wayyyy down.
  • Holmes1Holmes1 ChicagoNew Dupont MD50
    Thanks Jim. I'll look into that! I've seen different videos on youtube but I always have trouble learning like that. I learned Bistro Fada on Soundslice super fast so that was why I was interested in learning this way.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Do you know that you can load the files from guitar pro, tux guitar etc. into Soundslice, then it is just a matter of synchronizing the video with your tab? The waltzes you are requesting have been transcribed in those formats already.
    If you dont know how to do, I can give it a try with one of the waltzes you asked.
    I didn’t know that at all! Maybe you could give us a lesson on how to do this. That would be awesome!
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    So to create a "slice" in Soundslice (it is the name of a transcription synchronized with the video), here is what you need to do:
    1= Log into your account (create one if you dont already have one)
    2= Click on Manage, it will take you to the page of the slices you already created
    3= Click on the symbol of a white sheet with a music note (a quarter note) with a +sign to create a new slice
    4= A new screen pop up where you can add details about the slice you are about to create
    5= Once you click ok, the pop up disappear and you are on the page of creation of the slice itself. So click on Add a recording to add the recording corresponding to your transcription. It can be a youtube video or an url or you can upload the video or mp3 from your computer. Then you need to add your transcription from a MusicXML file or GuitarPro or TuxGuitar or PowerTab. You can also create your notation directly since they added an editor recently. Note that you can also use their editor to modify the transcription once you uploaded it (whatever the initial format was).
    6= Then you need to synchronize the video and the transcription. For that you play the video and on each first beat you press T or click on Add downbeat. You can adjust the position of these synchronization points with your mouse in the waveform panel on top of the transcription.
    7= To finish you can polish your slice by adding some text or markers (like names of the chords, part A, bridge etc.), you can hide the useless tracks (for example in this one I have hidden the rhythm track)

So I followed this process to create the slice for Montagne Ste Genevieve. I had a transcription from Romane (I didnt do it and some parts are not transcribed: intro, variations of the main melody etc.) But it will give you a start.

You can access it here
    Montagne Ste Genevieve by Romane
    If the link does not work, you can look for Montagne Ste Genevieve in SOundslice, it should appear
    Bucowimpickitjohnadrian
    Wow this is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to write out the process. I really appreciate it and I'm sure this will help countless others!!