DjangoBooks.com

La Manouche Waltz

2»

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Sweet find Quad! Great sounding waltz
  • FletchFletch New

Hello where can I get the lesson/transcription for this 'la manouche' I saw it mentioned above. Any help would be much appreciated.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I wish I asked him about the chords for Entre Amis while at Django in June...

@Buco I loaded this song with a bunch of other jazz tunes for my kid several weeks ago. He just happened to come up to me this morning and tell me he liked this song particularly.

Buco
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 4,730

@billyshakes That's his musical taste coming to where it needs to be!

billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

BTW, love that look he gives after he is done. Sort of a "what do you think about that!"

Bucovanmalmsteen
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,159

There s a story behind that recording... he had not played that waltz in ages and was struggling to remember it and kind of gave up... he then asked me if there was a way to score some kind of "herbal medicine". So we knew a guy who delivered maybe a week s worth of supply and angelo said "hmm that d be a day s worth". He went out and did his business, came back and did it all in one take. There was one edit i think towards the end because he wanted to keep going when thr song had ended so I spliced another take together

vanmalmsteenrudolfochristBucoChrisMartinbillyshakes
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited May 2020 Posts: 337

Ahhhhhh

good old “Herbal Medicine” ;)

rudolfochristBuco
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

Ok, now I'm even more excited about Angelo's livestream concert tomorrow.

vanmalmsteenBuco