DjangoBooks.com

Django on Film

2»

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Probably some software that can be bought to do that but we speak of Django try to ask tomorrow ...

The quality will be enhanced in a rather short future just keep in touch happy tax payers !
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
  • harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    I also read in the Delaunay book on Django that this film was lost, that's amazing that it's been found...can someone who knows french please translate the summary on You Tube for me? Also does anyione know if this film is now available for purchase?

Alex
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    François Ravez has been kind enough to translate the intro for me:-

In 1932 I produced a movie very different from my usual productions : 'Clair de Lune' [Note : Henri Diamant-Berger was also the producer of all these charming tripes with Ray Ventura and Coco Aslan] . It is a light comedy, with a little of poetry, fantasy and melancholy, and the whole in very beautiful landscapes.

Sound mixing is not yet a perfected technique and we must record music at the same time as the picture. My composer, Jean Lenoir is with us, it is the off season and there is not a musician on la Côte.

Bass player Vola, on holiday, helps us out of the difficulty. He goes and gets a gypsy guitarist in his caravan, Django Reinhardt. He is gentle, quiet and uncommunicative. A severe burn has stiffened two of his fingers, but it does not prejudice the extraordinary quality of his playing. He does not read music. Lenoir plays the tunes to him on piano, he memorizes them immediatly and gives at once a rendition in his own matchless way.

The last paragraph is a perfect summation of Django.
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    please, just build a monument for that man
    francois, we love you...