DjangoBooks.com

Two new transcriptions Django-Rostaing

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426
Hi
after a long break, I am getting back to my project of transcription of Django and clarinet quintet recordings.
I am offering you two new transcriptions from the 4 oct. 1947 session. Recorded for Blue Star with Rostaing, Vees, Jourdan and Soudieux, these recordings are among the best of this period for Django. Good quality of the recording, Django masters his electrical sound and his new bop ideas more than before.
It is the session of Topsy, Mano, Insensiblement etc.

So today, Blues Primitif and Moppin the bride-Danse nuptiale.

Enjoy. Comments, corrections and support are always welcome!

Django Clarinet Quintet List of transcriptions

The two last transcriptions for this session (Insensiblement and Gypsy with a song) are coming soon. Playalongs for all those coming later.
PetrovBones

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    The transcriptions are also available on the Soundslice channel of the website
    https://www.soundslice.com/users/DjangoNewQuintett/
    Petrovwimadrian
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    edited September 2018 Posts: 125
    Thanks again for all your work. I really enjoy the write ups. Actually your site is the reason why I really started listening to Django's later stuff. Now the later stuff is what I like the most. I've ordered the 1949 Rome sessions and can't wait to dive into it.

Although I've done away with the tabs to do my own transcriptions these days, I sometimes use your work in soundslice to double check my own. It's a great tool.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks Paps!