DjangoBooks.com

Visiting London England May 2019

2»

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 959
    Sorry mate, I didn't mean to appear racist, just wondered why someone who is not from London and thinks so badly of it, is still living there?
    Isn't there somewhere else you would rather be?
    And posh? Hardly.
    That old photo is from the 1980s with my favourite old car - a '66 Thunderbird - which was my daily driver for years in London; yes, although I am now in Australia, I am from London. My wife is from Sydney and we have alternated between the two countries for years.
    I agree I had not found many good English rhythm players, (that lack of 'pompe' could apply to non-gypsies everywhere) and sadly we lost Ian Cruikshank recently but there are some who stand out; for example, I would say Dave Kelbie is one of the best - ask Fapy!
    And if you want Gypsy cred, I have attached a copy of my birth certificate.
    BillDaCostaWilliams
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 13
    It's all right.I guessed you from London.Why am I in London? That's good question. Perhaps big mistake.But thanks for your curiosity,not many people are interested about my life.It all started back 22 years ago when I was 18 and my cottage house burned down.Since that time I am surviving anywhere the wind blows on.Italy,Spain, Belgium,Germany,France,Swiss,London.The only thing I have is music and bohemian heart(as I was born in Bohemia
  • cjlcjl
    Well I actually live in sucking London.This dirty stinky shity is good just for rich ignorants sadists to run business.
    Impossible to find even rythm player.Much fame bubbles and poor gypsy swing music.

Here's an easy answer to your problem....

You're obviously a great guitarist, why don't you go down to one of the jam sessions at Le Quecumbar and show everyone just how brilliant you are?

You'll be offered gigs, and all the guitarists (especially the ones who sound 'poor and without pompe' - like me! ) will fall at your feet and ask you to show them the light. You'll be able to charge for lessons and workshops, and then perhaps things will improve for you (especially your stink attitude).

By the way, I'm a proper Londoner, and still love living here despite its flaws. I'm definitely not posh, or rich, or a sadist, even though I have run businesses here.

Hopefully I'm not ignorant either, so I wish you good luck with your new project!
    ChrisMartinGreatBohemianBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Well yeah, that might work. But seriously, I don't get why someone who doesn't like where they are has to air their complaints on a post where Lango-Django only asked for recommendations - NOT negative comments. I lived and worked in London for fifty years and still have friends and family there, and sure, like every city; Sydney, Paris, New York or wherever, London will have its faults and problems but there is plenty to enjoy if you get out and look. I have been out of touch for the last few years but will be back for a visit soon so I too would like to read any other recommendations about GJ music in and around London.
    Thank you and apologies.Now I understand where I am failing all my life.
    Anyways,David is super I love his rhythm.He is genial.