DjangoBooks.com

best of this month's French sales

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
it's nearly time for the biannual instrument auction at Vichy - lots include a nice '50s Patenotte:
-
https://www.interencheres.com/meubles-objets-art/vente-dinstruments-a-vent-et-a-cordes-pincees-233790/lot-18525005.html
-
but my choice might be the old Di Mauro Saint Louis Blues , complete with contemporary Stimer pickup. Needs work , though:
-
https://www.interencheres.com/meubles-objets-art/vente-dinstruments-a-vent-et-a-cordes-pincees-233790/lot-18525316.html
-
this Di Mauro Boogie Woogie may also be of interest, from the sale of the Johnny Hallyday collection , it was apparently once owned by Tchavolo Schmitt:
-
https://www.interencheres.com/meubles-objets-art/musique-disques-instruments-collection-hommage-a-johnny-hallyday-238568/lot-18641555.html

hope this is of interest, I'll get to that Vichy sale one day, probably in Spring ;-)
Buco

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Mmmm, yummy.
    always learning
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    How difficult/ expensive to ship these to the US, with CITES and all? They all seem dirt cheap.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    From my investigations of the CITES problem, they can be sold within Europe (the EEC) with no certificates needed, but to cross borders or go to USA (or in my case Australia) they will need CITES certification and this MUST be provided by the seller, so at the moment all international sales are at a checkmate. You could take a chance, but customs at the port of entry can confiscate - and incinerate - anything not complying. The next CITES meeting next May does have a potential amendment on the agenda that may exempt some musical instruments but this is still at the discussion stage.
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    the Patenotte sold for 320 Euros, (365 USD)
    the DiMauro SLB & Stimer for 480 Euros (545 USD)
    Deal of the day -maybe- a 1974 Selmer Mk6 tenor saxophone,
    miscatalogued as a less valuable Mk7, for 2300 E
    ( add commission & taxes to these prices )
    Buco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Gosh - good deals for the right buyer!

Thanks for the info.