DjangoBooks.com

pre-orders?

edited December 2006 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 145
I can't sleep at night because I'm so anxious for the release of Gypsy Rhythm...

Are you going to be taking pre-orders anytime soon?

and a few more questions:

1. How many choruses are transcribed for each transcription?
2. Price?

You'll have my thanks when you finally let me sleep...

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'll start taking pre-orders when the book is ready to print. Probably in sometime in the next few months. The book is done...just needs to be assembled by my graphic designer. I'm working on the CD.

The transcriptions range from one chorus to nine...just depends.

Sorry this is taking so long...it's a huge project and I'm working as fast as I can. Vol.1 will be over 250 pages!

Thanks for the interest!

-Michael
  • swingitanswingitan New
    Hello,
    First a really big thank for your books!
    And now it's about a year that you are telling us "in a few months..." i don't want to be shitting but could you be more precise ? Can we hope to work our "pompe" before september 2006?
    Very best regards!

:cry: :roll: :shock: :wink:
    Sorry...I'm working as fast as I can. I do everything at Djangobooks....take the orders, ship, pay the bills, answer the phone, run the site,etc., etc. I also play professionally. Additionally,I have a kid and another on the way...so it's hard to find the time to write. But I'm trying to get it done as fast as possible...

'm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, with the amount of time Michael spends helping us in so many ways-just keeping tabs on and answering the forum questions must be a handful-I'm shocked he's got the energy to write! I think the best thing we all can do is just let the man work. When the book arrives, it arrives-let it be a surprise, and the wait won't seem as long!

Best,
    Jack.
  • dunbarhamlindunbarhamlin Leamington Spa, UKNew
    I think the best thing we all can do is just let the man work.

Hear, hear! Though if ever there were a case for human cloning, this must surely be it :lol:
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Forgive me, but a chorus is a solo, right?

If that is the case, and the book is organized around different solo approaches for the various types of rhythm used (which to me already sounds more useful than the Essential Django book soon to be available), then do you think perhaps calling it Gypsy Rhythms and Solos or Rhythms and Choruses might be a bit more descriptive? That way it seems that people would realize that it was more than just rhythm patterns, dyt?

Just a suggestion.... :)
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Elliot wrote:

Usually a chorus just means once through the whole form of the tune. So if it's a 32 bar tune and someone solos for 3 choruses, the solo would be 96 bars...

Best,
    Jack.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    (Correction: I meant the Ultimate Django Book)

Aren't there songs with different sections not meant to be soloed on?
    Elliot wrote:

If that is the case, and the book is organized around different solo approaches for the various types of rhythm used (which to me already sounds more useful than the Essential Django book soon to be available), then do you think perhaps calling it Gypsy Rhythms and Solos or Rhythms and Choruses might be a bit more descriptive? That way it seems that people would realize that it was more than just rhythm patterns, dyt?

Just a suggestion.... :)

This book is only about accompaniment.....see Gypsy Picking or Gypsy Fire for solo info.

'm
  • RichRich New
    Please lets not rush Micheal.. I'm sure he is working as hard as is humanly possible. I imagine the book is going to be of the same high standard as Gypsy Picking and therefore will take time. I'd rather wait and get the best possible resource than have a book that is rushed..

As for what title to give it.. i'm pretty sure Micheal knows best.. seeing as he is writing it.. :lol:

Michael - I'm sure I speak for the majority of people on this board when I say your work is much appreciated. Thanks.