DjangoBooks.com

Easiest Django solo's to start transcribing

2»

Comments

• That's a good one. I'm assuming that you are interested in the solo portion starting around 1:48 and ends around 2:55.
    The way I would approach learning this first is thinking about exactly how long this part is...about a minute and seven seconds. That's not a lot of material. Learn the form of the song first if you don't know it. Then start with that opening phrase. It sounds like a dominant chord (B7) leading to a minor chord (E minor), which is the start of the song form. What you'll have there is a good Django-ish way to play passages of a minor ii-V-i. Start it simple there. Progress passage by passage in this fashion and you'll find it pretty satisfying to do it.
    Buco
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    Thanks Jim!
    Previously i was using the rosenberg academy but i really want to learn django solo's, so waht im going with that 1 minute is this: i will split it up in like 6 parts and learn 1 part everyday and then i will be able to play it in 1 week! (i hope lol)
  • Awesome. If it takes a little longer, that's okay too. I would just suggest challenging yourself to learn each section as good as you possibly can before moving on to the next section. The time you spend on learning this without a transcription can be very satisfying. Good luck!
    I am in a test week with school right now, so when it's done im completely ready to start because then i have no tests to worry about and i need to finish learning j'attendrai first haha
    Jim Kaznosky
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Benoit Convert went through this solo in one of his class periods at Django in June. Probably one of the more useful classes they've had at DIJ. Maybe someone has some video of it and can upload..