DjangoBooks.com

30+ Django solo's in 1 year (Maybe a couple Fapy solo's but we'll see) EDIT: Louis Armstrong solo's?

Comments

• b7everb7ever New
    Yep that all makes sense. I love the practicing process because there is no one way to go about it and it can almost be a philosophy of sorts. I also agree with you with what you said about scales BUT only if you use it in a way that traps you while improvising. For instance, when improvising, i too play random notes sometimes and over time learn what works but with the scale practice, I can just look down at the fretboard and see the option of notes that I can play if I want to stay diatonic. I don’t necessarily play them in the exact order that I practiced them, so I believe it just cuts the time down a bit from a fretboard knowledge perspective... But like i said, there is no “right” way of going about it.
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    I agree with you on the cutting down time. But, I Believe you could waste time as well with it. I think it is a solid basis but if you get too into scales you might forget to make music . And you might wonder if its theoretically correct. If u understand what i mean by that. Langueage barrier lol

Also guys, this forum makes me really happy! I mean everyone is just talking about: Django, technique, gear etc so thanks for being such great guys everyone! And also best wishes for this year :D
    b7everBones
    This it what it looks like in my transcribe when i divide the solo in smaller "lines""
    edited January 2019 Posts: 86
    So Now i am taking my first brake after 30 minutes and i have line 1-4 up to 70% speed already

Edit: I could finish tonight if i want but im not going to haha, i'm practicing to get it to 100%
  • Don't hurt yourself. I mean this sincerely and seriously.
    b7ever
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    Django Reinhardt - Vous et moi is one I haven't seen someone else do that I would like. Also Take2 Twelveth year. A Powertab or PDF would be far better tham Soundslice so we can get a print version instead of going back to the computer.

Here are some already done

https://sites.google.com/site/klemjc/home/benjamin-givan-s-transcriptions
    Jim Kaznosky, i'm not taking a break because my fingers hurt or anything but because studies have showed you can only really concentrate on one thing for 25 minutes and after that your concentration drops rapidly. So every 30 minutes i take a 5-10 minute brake and do something not guitar related!
    Jim Kaznosky
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 599
    asd123321 beat me to it, you might as well download the 600+ pages of Django transcriptions already available, & use your transcribing time on other players or solos.
    https://sites.google.com/site/klemjc/home/benjamin-givan-s-transcriptions
  • Feruza2134 wrote: »
    Jim Kaznosky, i'm not taking a break because my fingers hurt or anything but because studies have showed you can only really concentrate on one thing for 25 minutes and after that your concentration drops rapidly. So every 30 minutes i take a 5-10 minute brake and do something not guitar related!

It is good that you are aware that your body needs a break as well as your mind. You are young and your body can likely take the repetitive stress of constantly increasing the tempos of what you are learning. However, it is good to ensure that you take a physical break and allow your muscles and tendons a chance to relax. Maybe even stretch. Others may have differing opinions, but tendinitis is a very real affliction that can happen. It happened to me when I was focusing on increasing metronome times without regard for what my body was telling me.

Regardless, I am enjoying your enthusiasm for this music. Keep it up and keep sharing your progress. It is fun to watch.

edited January 2019 Posts: 86
    I once had a little pain in my left forearm for playing to much la pompe and pressing a little too hard. I instantly stopped playing because i didn't want to injure my self. So for about 2-3 days i didn't play any guitar and after 3 days i started playing again but only solo and not la pompe. Everything is working fine now!
    Do you have any tips for preventing injury besides stretching?(I looked up a video and before my practice starts i will do some basic stretches) If u have some stretches that i must do please, do tell! Thanks in advance!
    Also, it makes me really happy you are enjoying me sharing my progress! I will probably update this thread once a week since i don't want to be bothering anyone. But if it's nice and quiet on the forum i will post 2 times a week :P (Updates on which solo i am studying and how the progress is going and things i found out)
    I think when i'm about 3 months in i will maybe make a youtube video or something so you can witness the progress in a video. Also, what do you guys think about transcribing some Louis Armstrong for timing choice of notes and phrasing?
    David
    Buco