DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Vibraphone

2»

Comments

• QuadropentaQuadropenta New England USANew
    What if you explored cymbalom players and transcribed some of their phrasing or melodies into a Gypsy Jazz concept? I have no idea who to suggest. This might be a unique direction to take.
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    Thomas Baggerman Trio LIve Sessions album has some nice cuts with vibraphones. You should give that a listen.
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hello Eli,

I was listening the other day to early Georges Brassens works with female singer Patachou.
    In particular to a tune called 'Maman, Papa' which is a tribute by the artist to his parents. This tune includes some really nice vibe music (again by Géo DALI I guess). I think you'll love it, it really swings.

See on Youtube :

Enjoy

Best

François
    AndyW
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    The link doesn't work for me, but this one does:
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    You should listen to "Fats" Sadi Lallemand, he played vibes with Django.
  • EliPorterEliPorter New

Wow I thought people would've completely forgotten about this post! Thanks guys I'll be sure to check out these videos.

• EliPorterEliPorter New
    edited July 2019 Posts: 8

Alright I put all the tunes you guys recommended in a YouTube playlist, I'll be sure to check out everything everyone recommended! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX8QODD2en9bKetx-ans-cBFzDiq7QanO

The Thomas Baggerman Trio only uploaded one song off there live album to YouTube, listen to the rest of it here for free:

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy

I don't know if all of you may access this Youtube recording, but here is another Georges Brassens tune with Lionel Hampton and Henri Salvador :

Best

François