DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz lessons in France and Netherlands

Hi everybody, I am thinking to try and reach some players from France and Netherlands to get some lessons.
I know Lollo Meier does it.
Any other ideas or direct experiences?

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    I dont know if it is still the case but Tcha offers a music stay to take lessons with me 24h a day :) It is in Belgium, not too far from where you want I guess.

Otherwise, in Paris, you have a lot of teachers. I took lessons with Serge Camps, Aurelien Robert.

But maybe I misunderstood and you are trying to arrange Skype or internet lessons?
    Andrea Vergani
    Hi there, that's good to know! Tcha Limberg? Also Paris would be amazing, it's easy to reach from the UK!
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I would go for Tcha Limberger for lessons. He's a great guy and, more importantly, has thought through his approach to all things musical. I have to say that some great players aren't very good at teaching or delivering workshops. I'm not having a dig at anyone here just stating my experiences of being taught by a lot of people.
    always learning
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Tcha no longer lives in Belgium but in San Sebastian. Great person to talk to if you tell him you’re very serious about learning and want to get better . He’ll hide certain things from you to spare your feelings if he feels the student doesn’t really actually want to learn, so best tell him directly to be 100% honest with you (if that’s what you want, of course!). That said, Tcha has a very specific view of music that not everyone in GJ shares.

I think it’s always best to get different opinions to see what you like. There’s Serge Krief in the southwest of France. There’s Samy Daussat in Paris. There’s Fapy Lafertin close to Ghent in Belgium (but actually in The Netherlands). There’s Christiaan van Hemert in The Hague (Netherlands)

These are people who teach quite a bit and have different views on things. I think Tcha would be the one who would push one’s sense of musicianship the most though.
    wimrudolfochrist