DjangoBooks.com

Gwen Cahue - Memories of Paris

wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
in Welcome Posts: 1,454
Check out Gwen's new release if you haven't already (am listening on Spotify)

Here's the teaser vid

richter4208BucoScoredognomadgtrvanmalmsteenAndyWAndrewUlle

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    I love this guys playing! He just owns it. Thanks Wim!
    Oolala!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Nice. I had never heard of him before, definitely has his own style; (not another post Stochelo/Bireli shredder) and an interesting tone too, halfway between mic'd acoustic and Stimer type electric, I wonder what gear he is using? Thanks.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Really like this guy's playing, thanks for sharing!
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Yeah cool tone, I dig it.
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Very hip
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    He is also doing a great job accompanying a singer who had an original voice: Melkoni project.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=dWQoIMeCsNM
    wimBillDaCostaWilliams
    He does have mastered that modern sound but can also play wonderfully vintage like on the "A Little love, a little kiss". The only one that I didn't completely enjoy was the Minor Blues, too many "devices" in the playing.
    It's the best GJ release I heard in a while though. The whole band is incredible. I've said something similar before, but what magic potion are they all drinking there in Paris!?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Melkoni Project's FB page has a description of their trio, in French of course. Since I speak not a word of French, I skimmed through the text and came across the word "spleen," which, as a speaker of English, seemed out of place in a description of a musical partnership. Upon using Google Translate, that word 'spleen' was still there in the English. Curious, because I remembered the song "Tchavolo's Spleen," I googled "French expressions spleen" and found this:

Spleen (nm) — Another 19th century, Baudelairian word. In French, spleen means melancholy, profound boredom and dissatisfaction. In fact, its synonymous with another French word that the English language has adopted: ennui.

https://blogs.transparent.com/french/top-10-untranslatable-french-words/

I WONDERED why there was a song about Tchavolo's internal organ - now I know. I learn something new every day...
    wimbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    LOL I didnt know that the spleen was only known as the organ in English. Good to know!

And Buco, to be accurate, Gwen Cahue does not live in Paris, but around Nantes (hence the name Memories of Paris). However, the disc was recorded in the famous studio LDC near Paris.
    Buco