DjangoBooks.com

Forum Update

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Yeah, I had the same issue a while back. Tried updating my profile and it told me my name had to change too, so I left it and did not update.

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

There was an update about a year and a half ago, so that probably explains it. You can just remove period from your user name and that should allow to make further changes.

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

Unfortunately, the username input field on the “Edit profile” page isn’t editable. 😢

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    • Yes, I am still having the same issues.
    • My username will not allow me to edit but if I try to update anything and click on 'Save' at the bottom I get the message; "Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores." Yes, there is a space between my first and last name which is maybe why I get that error message now. I guess a space was allowed some years ago on the old forum, but not since the update? Ok, I could use an underscore instead but the username box is greyed out and will not let me edit. And so it goes around and around.
    • I don't mind, I can leave it as it is, I only tried to change the line about guitars owned as some have come and gone but that is not important.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited January 2021 Posts: 6,153

Ok, I guess I have to do that on the backend which I just did. So both of you should be in compliance now.

rudolfochrist

That worked ok now. Thanks.

MichaelHorowitzrudolfochrist

Forum has been sluggish for me lately and today extremely so. Which may not be a bad thing in my case...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pdgpdg ✭✭

For me, too -- sometimes takes over half a minute, even a minute, when I click on a thread, or even fails to load.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Me too.

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

Same phenomenon.