DjangoBooks.com

intro. to gypsy jazz bass course

Greg_LGreg_L New
edited June 2019 in Bass Posts: 1

Hey, everybody! Greg Loughman here. I've been playing gypsy jazz for a few years now, primarily with the Rhythm Future Quartet. I created a "Gypsy Jazz Bass 101" course on soundslice; it's an introductory course that explores ways to play gypsy jazz with a modern approach. It includes tutorials on basic bassline construction in various styles (2 feel, walking, ballads, gypsy bossa, waltz, rumba, and rumba waltz) and transcriptions of walking basslines for standard repertoire pieces. The course comes from my experiences and approach as a modern jazz musician exploring this style, as well as a lot of listening to my favorite bassists in the genre, including William Brunard (bassist with too many artists to list), Jérémie Arranger (with Adrien Moignard and many others), Diego Imbert (Birelli), Nonnie Rosenberg (Rosenberg trio), and others. Shoutout to Max O'Rourke for helping me on guitar.

Here's the link, feel free to check it out, share it around, etc. Thanks!

Tagged:
JosechikyBucoScoredog