DjangoBooks.com

Altamira Model M01F with Upgrades and Stimer s51 (and other extras) for sale

db5db5 New
in Classifieds Posts: 24

Altamira M01F bought new in 2017. The shop I bought this from said John Jorgensen picked this one out for them that year from NAMM. Could be a true story or a real lie...either way, it sounds great! 

Upgraded with a Dupont Nickel Tailpiece and a set of closed Schaller Nickel Tuners with ebony buttons (purchased here at DjangoBooks)

Original Bridge and Mustaches are included, but a much lighter / thinner rosewood bridge is currently installed. This bridge is a no name ebay find & a little rough around the edges but sounds / feels way better than the factory one. 

Recently used in a 1940's era musical (6 shows a week for 3 months) and was played by 2 different guitarists each night and also as a prop by a non-player. During the run of this show it collected a few random scratches by the low e string and a break in the scroll of the F hole near the high e string. Elderly Instruments repaired / cleated the f-hole (looks great!), touched up the scratches (although I asked them not to) and also professionally installed the Schaller tuners and Dupont tailpiece. Elderly also performed a set up while doing this and fit the current bridge with some nice ebony shims....(I think it is ebony, I was just using Popsicle sticks before)...now its ready for lots more action. 

The violin finish on the top is super light. No heavy lacquer or overspray. lively, loud, dry & punchy. Great for Lead Work and Rhythm (thats what Jorgensen is quoted to have said about it). This particular model has the fret marker on the 10th fret. 

Also included in this sale is: 

The Original Altamira Case 

A Stimer S.51 Pick up (the clip has been removed -- this Stimer now attaches solely with putty and I have got putty to include as well) 

3 Packs of Argentine Lights / Purples 

A DjangoJazz Pick (I forget which model, but I think it is around 2.5 mm size wise) 

love this instrument - intended to keep it but need the funds.

Asking $1050 (PayPal gift or Zelle) Shipped to the lower 48 for the whole package (guitar with upgrades, case, Stimer pickup, extra strings and pick) will ship once payment clears. basic ground shipping to the lower 48 and insurance to $1K with this price. Anything beyond that shipping-wise will be at buyers expense.

I will entertain reasonable offers or if you are interested in the guitar and not the stimer or the other extras let me know.

check out the pics and drop a line with questions. thanks!

db