DjangoBooks.com

Django and the new quintet - IN ENGLISH

2»

Comments

I want to thank you very much for your work on this: in fact, I registered for this website just to be able to comment on this message. I never saw these photographs before or knew about the contributions of Hubert Rostaing and other members of his quintet. Also I liked to know all the specific details of his gigs and the works he composed at that time.

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Thanks for your message. I take this opportunity to remind all the readers that I am only the gatherer of the information. A lot of people have been generously sharing documents, infos, transcriptions, pics about this part of Django's life here and there (sometimes in places not connected at all to gypsy jazz). I simply asked them if they would be ok if I reposted what they shared to have some sort of database, a place to go where all (or most) the information we know is gathered.

So thanks again to the hardwork and generosity of Ben Givan, Denis Chang, Tim Robinson, Posglov Popoi, Samy Daussat, Pedro Paes, Laurent Courtois and the band Nuages de Swing, Teddy Dupont, Francois Ravez, Spatzo, Patrus, Biel Ballester, Scot, Gatsby, the grandson of Eugene Vees, the son of Jacques Martinon, JB Ordas and Lango-Django for the english proof-reading! Additional people have also confirmed this or that information and gave me (us) some of their time: Anne Legrand, Dominique Cravic, Jean Claude Galy, Michel Mercier, Guillaume Lesigne, Ted Gottsegen etc.

rudolfochristBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsLango-Django
  • BonesBones Moderator

Yes that is a huge and important effort and VERY much appreciated to all who contribute!!!

rudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams