DjangoBooks.com

Oscar Aleman book

2»

Comments

• swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Tele295 wrote:
    I like Oscar's version of Blue Skies
    His 1930s version of Russian Lullaby is cut from very much the same cloth. Such a warm guitar sound you wonder if it's not a nylon-, rather than steel-strung (though my money is on the National Tricone he was famous for using back then).

(And so behind the beat, it makes you all woozy :))

PS @Michael is this book really happening? Reason I ask - I was thinking of putting together a website devoted to Oscar's style myself & have transcribed a fair bit too. Won't do it if a book is really in the works ...
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • bryanologybryanology Los Angeles, CANew
    I love Oscar's version of Russian Lullaby. Also he has a really swinging version of Besame Mucho. And checkout a recording of his called "Polvo de estrella" its his version of "stardust" and its really amazing! Such a great player.
  • He is such a wonderfully lyrical player
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Bryan,

Yes those are two of my favs as well.

Swing68, do you have transciptions for those? I started on Russian Lullaby but I have no real familiarity with his style so I gave up. I'd like to start getting into it though.

thanks