DjangoBooks.com

Duved Dunayevsky and Friends featuring Tatiana Eva-Marie in Oakland, CA Jan. 12

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in North America Posts: 705

Duved Dunayevsky and Friends featuring Tatiana Eva-Marie this Sunday at 4 PM – 5:30 PM at the Piedmont Piano Company, 1728 San Pablo Ave, Oakland, California 94612

$20 per ticket, everybody should be going as he sounds a lot like Django.

https://www.piedmontpiano.com/calendar/2020/1/12/tatiana-eva-marie

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Any bay area GJ friends going?

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I was there. Duved sounded very nice, and authentic on his Jean Barault guitar. If you closed your eyes you could imagine Django and the Hot Club of France from the 30s, except nobody was closing their eyes when Tatiana Eva-Marie was singing. What a beautiful face, and personality, somewhat goofy, but fun loving. Great musicianship all around, although the material seemed a bit dated. I walked to my car humming Tiptoe Through the Tulips. Jimmy Grant sat in on a couple of tunes, and in my opinion, should have been there for more than a few.

Bucowim
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭

wish I could've made it! i bought tickets, but had an unexpected family thing to attend. hopefully i can catch them while they're still in the bay!

@jonpowl nice overview but you had me laughing with a comment about dated material. Isn't that what he's all about, dated material? Saw him in Chicago in the fall. I'd love to figure something out to help bring him to the east coast, DC or Baltimore...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • vilhelmovilhelmo San Francisco Bay AreaNew

Went there last minute, and liked the concert! Crossing my fingers for them to bring the whole orchestra next time :)

Agree with @Jon@jonpowl, that Jimmy Grant should've been there for more songs, but not about the dated material!

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Duved's clothes are also quite dated.

What does he think this is, the 20's?? ;)

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams