DjangoBooks.com

Castelluccia 'D' hole guitar (like Dorado's) for sale - Relisted on Ebay - AU$2000 = about US$1343 !

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
edited February 2020 in Classifieds Posts: 959

Hi, I am selling my Castelluccia as I can't get on with the feel of the neck, I have been lazy playing easy guitars like Gibsons and Fenders for fifty years and am too old to relearn on a bigger wider neck. I am relatively new to the GJ genre and I have other guitars by Di Mauro and my #1 made for me by Tony Petrarca that have slimmer necks. Otherwise, it has a great sound and I would love to keep it, but I find I am not playing it so better it goes to somebody who can use it. I was asking AU$2250, but have now reduced it to AU$2000 (which today is about US$1375 although that can fluctuate daily) if bought direct as I would save on the ebay fees.

I am in Australia and insured shipping to USA would cost about AU$250 (US$173)

Here is the ebay link which has more photos: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164028151502

AndyW

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Note price reduced !

Buco
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 959

Price reduced again.

I cut the price to AU$2,000 on ebay, but if anyone wants it from here I will be saving the ebay fees so I will accept AU$1,800 (that is US$1,204) plus shipping.

Something else I have always wanted has come up, but with too many guitars already, to keep things sweet with the lovely wife I need to move something along quick; so I have reduced this one and the Hofner Committee I also have on ebay for a quick sale. Whichever one sells I will keep the other, but one has to go.

Surely a steal at that price !

or maybe someone on here would like a 1954 Hofner Committee for AU$1,800 plus shipping?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164063161758?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Hey @united @aidenzoe , can I use my frequent flier miles to purchase one of these guitars? And if I did, would you allow me to travel with it in your cabin or are you going to make me gate check it into luggage hold oblivion?

And once I get back, can I come over to your house and ask you irrelevant questions on whatever subject you might be talking about?

BillDaCostaWilliamsBoneswimBucomac63000
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B
    edited February 2020 Posts: 248

@aidenzoe could have at least offered flight info to Australia...

Buco
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,730

That was so bizarre, that post haha. Doesn't even sound like a spam bot. What the heck??

Anyway, this deal the Chris is offering must be one of the best that showed up on the forum. To think that it's still unsold and we already had a few threads ala "Altamira or which one is better" is confusing to me.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

@aidenzoe is definitely a spammer or worse. If you hover over the link, you can see it is http://bookmiflights.com and points to a folder united-airlines-reservations/ This post should probably be removed.

Agreed, now the moderators have deleted @aidenzoe you can get back to admiring the Castelluccia.

Why hasn't it sold?

Well someone did suggest it is TOO cheap which makes people suspicious, so if it doesn't go this week I will repost it at AU$3000 which is probably nearer the mark anyway.

Thanks

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@Chris Martin That happened to me once. I got a great deal (below book) on a truck from a coworker. I moved out of the country a year later and had to sell it. I thought I'd pass along the great deal so offered it slightly lower than I had paid. It sat unsold for a while with no interest. I took it off for a week and then put it back for sale at $1000 more than I paid for it and had several offers, including the guy I sold it to who felt so great when he talked me down $500.

So, I drove this big Toyota Tundra for a year and sold it for $500 more than I paid for it!

OK, you all had your chance at a bargain price. I sold the Hofner so I can now buy the one I really want, but no need to be giving the Castelluccia away so cheap so I may keep it for now, but if I do try again to sell it again on here, can we ask people to stick to relevant comments? Thanks.

Buco

Well I did decide to relist it as I am not playing it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164079959065

I have found Di Mauro guitars fit me better.

You know the price is good, so any questions, or requests for more photos welcome - off-topic remarks NOT welcome.

Thanks