DjangoBooks.com

Fitting Schaller on an Eastman DM-1

JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

Hi everyone,

I recently bought an Eastman DM-1-CLA. Love to tone, feel and playability of it.

I also bought some Schaller classic gypsy style tuner machines.

After taking the stoke Gotoh tuners off it looks like a few things need to be modified both on the headstock and D & G string post to make these fit.

Does anyone know of a good luthier in the Austin (is r central Texas) area that can fit these?

~ Joey

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Apart from possibly having to enlarge the holes to fit, for which you will need a centre drill, one that has a pilot guide to fit the existing holes to ensure the drill is centred and the holes stay concentric the Schallers can be too long in the posts. The posts for the top two strings - D & G - may meet in the middle with interference if the headstock is narrow enough; I am not familiar with Eastmans but have had the same issue on others, in which case it is an easy job to use a grinding wheel to remove 2 or 3mm.

JHAnchors
  • JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

Chris,

Thank you for the great information and that’s exactly what will need to be done to fit these Schallers.