DjangoBooks.com

Stankevičius Guitars!

2»

Comments

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Can't decide if the playing or the guitar is more beautiful... Great stuff!

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Is that Stanke playing the guitar or someone else? Sounds great and lively, a unique sound.

I remember @Brad Herman writing about it. A gorgeous instrument and it sounds great.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • StankeviciusStankevicius VilniusNew Stankevicius Guitar
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14

Thank you guys!

Yeap, I played it myself :) I aslo believe it is impossible to evaluate the result if you can't play what you have created. I've seen many luthiers just strum few chords and try to judge, but the sound should be taken propertly with a touch of musician, especially in gypsy jazz with it's very specific rest stroke. You should feel the dynamics, responce, sustain, overtones while playing different songs. Just IMHO :) I'm not judging anyone for not doing that

vanmalmsteenBucomac63000BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@Stankevicius said:

"I aslo believe it is impossible to evaluate the result if you can't play what you have created. I've seen many luthiers just strum few chords and try to judge, but the sound should be taken propertly with a touch of musician, especially in gypsy jazz with it's very specific rest stroke. You should feel the dynamics, responce, sustain, overtones while playing different songs."

In the Navy, we'd say: "I like the cut of his jib!"

P.S. Is there any way to trim down the "Quote" box contents to just the part I want to quote and note the whole d@mn thread? Used to be I could edit the HTML....

Stankevicius
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

P.S. Is there any way to trim down the "Quote" box contents to just the part I want to quote and note the whole d@mn thread? Used to be I could edit the HTML....

Yes, instead of using the full quote button under the post, just cut and paste what you want to quote into the your post and then use the tool on the left to format it as a quote, which is what I did above.

StankeviciusbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

then use the tool on the left to format it as a quote

Thank you m', I had never noticed that tool before!

MichaelHorowitzBuco
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,750

Yeah I also thought you can only quote the entire post. Cool, thanks for asking Bill!

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pdgpdg ✭✭

Insteresting to hear Vadim's discussion of tone, etc. By analogy -- some of the best old bluegrass banjos have the quality that each note has good sustain, but as soon as you play the next note the previous note stops, creating great separation of notes. Each note is punchy enough to sort of shake the top, "resetting" it.

BucoStankevicius