DjangoBooks.com

Antoine Boyer, Just when I thought I can't get surprised any more

in Welcome Posts: 4,730

Saw this on YouTube and my mouth went wide open:

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
MichaelHorowitzwimJosechikyPetrovJHAnchorsBonesBillDaCostaWilliamsScoredogbillyshakesJojoand 1 other.

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

He had teased the composition on Instagram a few days before, and it was every bit as good as the short clips made it out to be. Absolutely beautiful composition that wonderfully channels the spirit of Angelo's playing.

Not a shabby guitar either! Love the inclusion of the CC pickup, but I'm not certain how much of the recording the amplified versus acoustic tone. Either way, I really enjoyed this.

Buco
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

@JSanta when I saw the guitar I thought it's Rodrigo Shopis guitar, he's building something similar with a Charlie Christian P90 pickup. But I thought this is all acoustic guitar sound, no?

@Wim Glenn planet will reach 75% immunity by the time I'm done just learning the correct notes.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

Great playing, arrangement and tone.

I need to practice harder.

Buco
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

@Buco I think you're right that it sounds like a completely acoustic tone, but those CCs have such low impedance and a naturally "woody" tone that I wasn't 100% sure. Either way, great sounding guitar. Doesn't hurt that Antoine is such a skilled player!

Buco