DjangoBooks.com

Dell’Arte - How to tell if it’s USA, USA/Asian or Asian?

Hi,

New member here!

The title is pretty self explanatory. Prices are all over the place for these and I can’t find much info online.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

It should say so in the label inside the guitar.

pasta72

I think the USA ones have something like "hand made by John Kinnard" on the label or John's signature on a Dell Arte label. I think the US made only have Dell Arte on the headstock. I only know of their Manouche Latcho Drom line that was supposedly made by the same people that make Altamira and then set up at the San Diego shop. Don't know what the label looks like but the headstock should say something along those lines; Manouche Latcho Drom.

pasta72
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • pasta72pasta72 New

Yes, of course, but online sellers often don't show the label.

Nice guitar, btw. Martin Tremblay is local to me.

geese_com
  • pasta72pasta72 New

Beside the setup, the Chinese built Dell'Artes are similar to Altamiras? Should it have a premium price for better hardware or something?

I'm asking since a local seller is perhaps very optimistic about the price he's asking for a 2014 Dell'Arte D-hole.

Beside the setup, the Chinese built Dell'Artes are similar to Altamiras? Should it have a premium price for better hardware or something?

I don't have a first hand experience, I read that they are essentially the same instruments with the upgraded hardware and set up done by Dell Arte. I guess extrapolate your own math on how much should better hardware and setup add to the price. But yeah depending on the asking price they can be nice good value instruments or overpriced.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator

Is there such a thing as Asian Dell Arte? i see three options in the title USA, USA/Asian, Asian

My understanding is that if Dell Arte or any company like Eastman imported instruments from Asia, they do the final touches in the USA, so it will (should) always go to their USA offices. 100% Asian Dell Artes or Eastmans therefore shouldn't exist unless someone is doing something shady.

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

I have a Latcho Drom. Seems identical to my Altamiras.has a DR Tailpiece though.

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

Bear in mind that there is also a 4th Dell Arte. In the beginning of that venture, Dell Arte Gypsy guitars were made in Mexico.

jonpowl
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy

You could email **** at ****, I imagine, to find out.

Stringswinger
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

i got my Latcho Drom from ****. He was very helpful and kind. Have no doubt he would give the complete lowdown on Del Arte guitars.