DjangoBooks.com

Hey there folks. I am a Boston based 7-String guitarist and I heard my ole pal Tom Landman was here

2»

Comments

• Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings

Thanks everyone. Special thanks to Ben for forwarding the message! I know Ralph from my days in Massachusetts. I had lost contact with him, but Ralph's a fine jazz guitarist. I believe Ralph is more into mainstream jazz (bebop and standards) than gypsy jazz. I only know of two people fearless enough to play gypsy jazz on a seven-string guitar: Howard Alden and Ben Wood.

- Tom

vanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliamsBucobillyshakes
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

years ago - years ago!!

B.

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

Seattle area guitarist Larry Munson plays a (played?) 7 string Gypsy guitar made by Dell Arte.

"When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

So,

Just a follow up - Tom Landman - real; posted above! @RalphRotondo - also real! So glad I sent this on if only to further community building among guitarists!

@Stringswinger I didn't know that . . interesting. I tried for years to play this style in my own way on the 7 string, also made by dell arte (and a great guitar) but after years of trying to find ways to make authentic sounding rhythm happen, some of my mentors convinced me a 6 string was the way. I don't have any regrets - It sure makes obtaining guitars

Cheers