DjangoBooks.com

Passion Waltz by Romane (Tony Muréna)

dikkeorcdikkeorc BelgiumNew Altamira M01D
in Repertoire Posts: 7

I wrote this tab down in soundslice for easier practice. Classical notation is incorrect, i can not read notes.

BillDaCostaWilliamsBucoKlausUS

Comments

• pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    edited May 2020 Posts: 140

Nice job on Soundslice dikkeorc!

Here's a quick and dirty backing track using Band in a Box. Apologize in advance for any errors.

KlausUS
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Probably all correct as it is note for note the same as in Romane's book 'Impair & Valses'.

• dikkeorcdikkeorc BelgiumNew Altamira M01D

@pmg Thank you for the track!

@Chris Martin I got this tab from the web a while ago so it might very well be a scan of that book. I cannot seem to find any place to buy this book you mention though, is it no longer being pressed?

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

@dikkeorc The impair & valse book might no longer be available other than the secondary market. I see Michael has an old listing here but is "out of stock." I seem to remember that the CD had digital files of the tab/sheet music in addition to the extra playback tracks of each of his recordings. I may be wrong on this as I borrowed it from a friend almost 20 years ago and still have the print outs of the tunes. Anyone confirm that the disc has actual digital files in addition to the sound recordings?

• dikkeorcdikkeorc BelgiumNew Altamira M01D

@billyshakes I did some searching and it is indeed only available second hand, most websites selling it do note that there are scores/notations on the CD that are accessible trough a PC disk reader. It also says so on the back cover (see image below). I marked it in paint ?

billyshakes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Thanks for the verification. There are some very classic waltzes on there. It is worth the purchase!

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

The Romane book is very useful if you are into the classic GJ waltz tunes. Dolores, La Gitane, Niglos and Passion and others. Yes the CD does have printable tab files, I wondered why as it came with the book, unless maybe the CD was originally sold separately without the book? Interestingly the CD also lists in the tab contents Montagne Ste Genevieve but a click on that gives the message that publisher Warner/Chappells refused permission although the audio track is included. No matter, that is already probably the best known of the waltzes anyway. Yes, if you ever find one second-hand it is fun book to dive into.

Next, back to my attempts to get Dolores up to Tchavolo speed.

vanmalmsteen