DjangoBooks.com

tux guitar compatability

i have some old files with the .tg extension that heretofore have run on guitar pro. but not any more. when i try to download the tux guitar program i get an alert that it is - or may be - unsafe.

anyone know anything about tux guitar?

thx

Comments

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

I've been using it for years without issue. Can't speak to the error that you're receiving. It's been a solid OS software for me.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I still have TuxGuitar version windows 1.2 x86 installer I would be glad to send. I don't use it often, but when I do, it works without problems. This is a zipped program, so it shouldn't be too large of a file. Please scan with your anti-virus before using.

John

• juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

I had to do some tweaking (can't remember what, exactly, but google helped me find the solution) to get it to run on my MacBook when I installed it two or three years ago.

I don't really use it but I just ran it with no apparent issues on the latest OS update.

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

Just a heads up — you can open TuxGuitar files (.tg files) in Soundslice, and it's free to do so.

Adrian

billyshakesrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsjuandererwim
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭

i love soundslice; but i don't know how to open a file from elsewhere. is there a tutorial?

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

When you create a new slice it shows you the option to upload a file. Look at the screen shot

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

Yes, exactly what rudolfo.christ said. :)

And if you already have notation in a slice, click the "..." menu at the top of the screen and choose "Upload notation file" to override your current notation with that from the given file.

rudolfochrist
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭

thanks all

i will give it a try

rudolfochrist