DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan Gig Book

Hey guys. I'm looking for a new or used copy of Robin Nolans Gig Book. Shipping to Minnesota. Anybody have any idea where I can find one? Thank you very much. Matthew

Comments

Lots of research, but I just scored one from Germany. Thanks guys!

vanmalmsteenKlausUS
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Did it just arrive? That's a slow boat ride from Hamburg. Glad you got your copy!

Got it a few days back. There was no tracking and it had been 6 or more weeks so I was sure it was not coming. I contacted the seller and he refunded my money, then the next day the dam book showed up! I contacted him immediately and sent the money back to him. It's a great book, small, super portable, ringed spine, lot's of tunes. I don't always agree with the chords, voicings or fingerings for the melody, but for a jumping off point it's great for sure.

KlausUS
  • eastwoodeastwood New

Does anyone have suggestions on places to look for used copies of the Gig Book? I poked around a few places including eBay and didn't find anything. I wonder if Robin Nolan would consider selling an electronic version. I'd definitely pay for a PDF especially if there aren't any other options.

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Have you asked Robin?

I am funny about not posting other people's email addresses but if you go to his web page at:

there is a contact address on there. Even if he does not have it available now, I am sure he would consider doing something if he thought there was a demand.

• eastwoodeastwood New

Thanks Chris!

• crothcroth ✭✭

I believe if you go to https://www.scribd.com/ and sign up for an account, you'll find the pdf of Robin's Gig Book there if you do a search. I'm not sure if it's a free download or scribd will charge you, but it's worth exploring.

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

The Gig Book contains I think 17 songs that the original books didn't have, and vis-versa. Just FYI.