DjangoBooks.com

Tunes to Know for Jams

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

There used to be a jam every Tuesday night, but now the venue closed, so we will have to find a new place to play. Who knows if things will pick up again when things are safe. We usually get 5-11 people every week. Right now, I just invite a couple people to jam (with proper physical distancing) in my front yard.

matthewkanis

NERD ALERT!

But very useful!

I'm surprised how little douce as Ambiance is called. I love that one.

In Toronto lady be good is always called. And always played easy faster than I like it. :(

China Boy is common up here too.

matthewkanis
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

Last jam I went to (it was a short one) we played these tunes (in no particular order):

• Honeysuckle rose
    • All of me
    • Minor swing
    • I can't give you anything but love, baby
    • Shine
    • On the sunny side of the street
    • I'll see you in my dreams
    • Autumn leaves
    • Dark eyes

There's one more tune that I am blanking out on the name of, and now that I look at it; the list seems a bit short.

@geese_com that list, as nerdy as it gets and super awesome too :)

geese_comPassacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Geese, I'm in Madison. I'm way long in the tooth now but trying to come back. Years ago, might have been 2012 or 13, can't remember, I went to DiJ and came back geeked to play so I started a jam group. It's still going strong, though I haven't been involved for several years now. If interested, PM me and I can pass along some info. You might be in that group, lol.

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

We've emailed back and forth =)

I'll add you to the list when I send out the details for the next front yard jam.

Passacaglia
    edited June 2020 Posts: 1,471

Um, yep. I'm not a dumba$$, I just have a completely fried memory. Sorry.

geese_com
    -Paul

I realize this might have read differently than I intended - sorry to occupy space with this everyone - it's a bit embarrassing to me, and a helluva lot frustrating, that someone could tell me something and I'd have no idea we even talked. It's just all part of a condition I deal with.

geese, if it wasn't evident, in no way was I directing anything your way. It goes without saying I treasure everyone on this site.

Bucobillyshakesgeese_com
    -Paul

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Paul,

Don't feel bad. I have a co-worker that joined us in the Fall. Apparently, he had come to talk with our group about 9 months prior to that. People kept telling me that I should remember him since he came back then. I have no recollection of that talk nor of meeting him in general. Even when I saw him, I thought, nope, never met this guy in my life. Guess I did. Slightly embarrassing to me but oh well. No judgement zone here.

Passacaglia
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,161

One song that seems popular everywhere around the world is :Made For Wesley. It’s sad for the composer that most people attribute the song to Jimmy when it was his bass player who composed it for his son haha.

PassacagliabillyshakesBucoChristopheCarington