DjangoBooks.com

Favourite players you wish had released more stuff

124»

Comments

• NotoNoto
    edited July 2020 Posts: 39

I wish there was some transcriptions of Lulu Reinhardt, I always find his solos to have interesting twists and turns.

Like his solo on Bei Mir Bist Du Schein on this page:

http://www.djangostation.com/Lulus-Swing,1495.html

Bucorudolfochrist

Kruno Spisic. Mainly active on the scene in the early to mid 2000's. One of my first favorites when I started getting into the music. Only released two albums, mainly standards, but the songs with a more Balkan influence were especially killer. And that VOICE! Great player, and teacher too (for anyone fortunate enough to take his courses at Django in June).

Bucobbwood_98
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭

Phillipe Nedjar. An absolute master who only recorded one album that I can find, as well as a few random tracks located on youtube.

adrianbbwood_98Buco
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy

There are many players I would like to hear more from. One is Patrick Lartilleux / Latcho Drom. His/their CDs featured a couple of great violinists (whom I've not heard again) and some great tunes. I always thought this was some fantastic accompaniment:

ChrisMartinBuco
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020 Posts: 274

Christophe Lartilleux? He's got quite a few cds out there. With and without that particular band.

http://c.lartilleux.free.fr/site.htm

• edited July 2020 Posts: 4,735

Yeah I wish Kruno was still active in the scene. Not an easy way to make a decent living though.

Same thing is happening with another phenomenal player from my neck of the woods, Koran Agan. He also happens to be the player I truly wish recorded an album with Django standards. He has one album with his originals. It's one of my favorite in the genre, great melodies and his playing is superb. Every time I listen to some of his recordings on YouTube (he has much more audio only uploads) it leaves me in disbelief how good he makes the music sound. Look him up if you aren't aware of him, you won't be disappointed. Here's a taste:

The rhythm section guys accompanied Samson Schmitt a couple of years ago during Baltimore Django fest, that tells you how top notch they are. And Koran would take Adrien Moignard's seat to accompany Cyrille Aimee for US dates when Adrien couldn't travel, don't need to say more.

PS listen to his solo over Place de Brouckere, tell me that's not complete mastery of the instrument (guitar solo right at 3:00)

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesadrian
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel