DjangoBooks.com

How many people swap out the E and B on Argentine 10-45s?

For a while I was just swapping the E for an .011, but for the last year or two also the B for a .015. It’s a hassle and I have piles of single strings here. How many people are in the same boat?

Tagged:

Comments

I used to for a while. Then I decided it shouldn't be up to the string but up to me.

billyshakesMatteo
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • TwangTwang New

In the uk you can buy 6 singles for the same price as a set. I wonder if Savarez have thought of making the hybrid sets. They seem to be so popular. I just stick to regular 10’s myself. I really don’t like anything else other than Argies. Ive only tried d’addarios and Galli though.

• t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade

Yeah, I did it for awhile. Found some Savarez singles for $1 a piece and stocked up. Like, Buco, I eventually decided on technique over gauge.

Buco
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

I started using 10s again and couldn't be happier with the tone I'm getting. Haven't had any issue with the E or B strings either.

• pdgpdg ✭✭

Depends on the action -- slightly too low and I have trouble with the 010 string. So I usually use an 011 with a light string set. The B string 014 doesn't present a problem for me, though.

Instead of an 011, sometimes I would use an 0105 -- in between!

Has anyone tried using "normal" acoustic strings on the e and b. They are probably the same and you can easily get singles from a local guitar shop.

The loop issue aside of course.

• pdgpdg ✭✭

Yeah, I use them all the time, same thing.

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited July 2020 Posts: 337

Can’t count how many times I replace the snapped high E 10 gauge, and replaced with a B string from my Ernie Ball super slinky electric guitar sets ....which is an 11

I thought so. I've never needed to do it on my del Arte. But have used "electric" e and b's on my archtops.

Thanks for the reassurance!