DjangoBooks.com

Tone Dexter

2»

Comments

Not bad. FWIW, the tone Dexter doesn't capture the room at all. In the manual it says you can even do it in your car before a gig.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

It´s a solid little piece of gear, feels sturdy and no worries taking it to a ( future) gig.

All very intriguing.

Also impressed by the Christian Miller video of the Tonedexter with a Selmer style guitar mentioned earlier

https://youtu.be/B_QTEZP70Y4

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Robin Nolan just put out an interview with John Jorgenson. At one point, they talked about gear he uses on stage with his gypsy guitar (including how he runs his Tone Dexter and other effects). Recalling this conversation, I'll add the link below, cued up to the question.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

John has been running his for many many years. He and **** basically convinced me to buy one. It rarely feeds back and just works in so many situations with no fuss, if I lost it I’d buy it again.

billyshakesBucoBillDaCostaWilliams

Still unavailable. It's nuts that they had to redesign the whole unit so they can use different chips because they couldn't get a supply of the original ones since the whole supply chain got messed up. It's good to see they're surviving though. Could be for the better in the end, they said they were able to incorporate new features and keep everything from the original unit.

Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel