DjangoBooks.com

Dupont Truss Rod Wrench

Hello everybody,

I have a Maurice Dupont MD 50 B. Can anybody tell me the size of the truss rod wrench for this guitar?

Kindest regards,

Christoph

Comments

• KlausUSKlausUS AustriaNew Cholet Intuition, Gaffiero Original, AJL Q&P
    edited November 2020 Posts: 64

Hi, Christoph,

I have a Maurice Dupont MD 50 but got the Allen key from my cheaper Dupont Nomade.

It is a 4mm Allen key which is 140 mm on the one side and 80 mm on the other side. Hope that helps.

The problem I have it is of inferior quality and I am afraid to damage the truss road entrance (dońt know the proper English term for it). as the material is pretty soft and not of high quality .

So I am also looking for an Allen Key with a better quality. A normal Allen Key does not work as it is too short.

I haven ´t found one so far - so if anyone has a tip where a proper Allen Kay can be bought for a Oval-Hole Selmer Syle Guitar - I would be greatful.

Cheers, Klaus

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

For fear of suggesting the obvious, have you thought of asking M. Dupont ?