DjangoBooks.com

Need some advice for the 1st!

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

He might unbolt the neck and send it for 800 😁

lv92
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

Another guitar worth considering is the Altamira M. I see it is available for 690,00 € at GypsyGuitar.de. The Cigano guitars are billed as "Student" guitars. My Cigano plays well, but lacks a good sound for le pompe. It is a great backup guitar, can be left on the stand, loaned to friends and is nice for traveling. The Altamira is definitely a step up, looks, plays and sounds very nice.

https://gypsyguitar.de/guitars/altamira/12127/altamira-m/md-oval/d-hole

BillDaCostaWilliamslv92
  • lv92lv92 New
    edited September 2020 Posts: 31

Seems nice! What's the diffetence between the M, M01 and M10? I found used offers all below 800 euros

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

If I am not mistaken, Dennis Chang is a big fan of the Altamira Model M and uses it in this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpXkOj2ztuU

I had the chance to play it for a few minutes, and thought is was quite nice.

lv92
  • lv92lv92 New
    edited September 2020 Posts: 31

Update: found a 2019 Dupont Nomade, 1000 euros, 200 above my budget but not so much... But won't have any chance to look and try it. Is it worth?

• lv92lv92 New

Update: too much hype and bought a Dupont Nomade for 1000... hope i did the right thing!

BucobillyshakesJSantaBillDaCostaWilliamsmac63000
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I think it will be a guitar you can grow with. Congrats on your new purchase!

lv92
  • lv92lv92 New

Thank you all for your help!

billyshakesmac63000
  • lv92lv92 New

Guitar arrived. It sounds amazing!!!

Just tried it with a nice tune like Bistro Fada. I have to work a lot on dynamics, swingy picking, no click, etc... everything as playing like this is a bit flat.

But so happy for the guitar's sound! 😃

BucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsmac63000Bones
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Yay, enjoy your new guitar.

always learning