DjangoBooks.com

CANCELED Flash Sale - Original Stimer from the 70s (NOT the reissue) made by Yves Guen

Flash sale ending Monday evening 8pm Pac time.

Original Stimer pick up ST-48, handmade by the renown Yves-Guen who made the pick ups for Django Reinhardt himself.

Comes with original cable

Good condition

Right handed

Average market price $850 to $915

Asking price: $550 + Free shipping 48th States (Flash sale / cash offer)

Get that Django tone right in your pocket!

Comments

• edited October 2020 Posts: 107

Quick update about this listing:

I unfortunately have to take this pick up off of the market. I got it back last week from a music store of the LA area, and where I placed it in consignment on March 28th, 2018. This store confirmed at the beginning of this consignment period that they tested the pick up before listing it on their official website, and that it was fully operational. This store also convinced me that this pick up should not be listed for anything less than $850 and which I agreed upon. Probably one of the reasons why it never sold.

This Item was returned to me last week, I unboxed it and tested it this morning (October 17th 2020). The pick up doesn't work anymore (I made a full video of unboxing and sound test that I have decided to not share here).

Current item's condition: Cosmetic condition is fine. The pick up has NO signal anymore and only creates a sporadic strong electric hum when plugged in. I don't know if this issue comes from the pick up itself or from its original cable. I also placed this pickup in consignment with two cables, only one out of the two cables was returned to me (the original one).

This is very unfortunate to say the least. I have decided that I won't sell this pick up "for part" or not working condition. I will keep it "as-is" for now and for my record.

Also for the record, here is how this pick up sounded when I had it. It was a great pick up and I played hundreds of gigs in New York City with it, including The Iridium Jazz Club on Broadway on multiple occasions.

Beside the issue with the pickup, 11 out of the 20 albums (CD) I placed in consignment were returned to me. No payment was ever made for the 9 missing CDs.

Nonetheless to say that this has been an overly disappointing experience.