DjangoBooks.com

Can anyone send me dimensions of Django's 503?

My Dad is having a go at building a gypsy guitar for me.

It'll be my only chance to ever get one - chronically penniless as I am..

But he went and got plans for the WRONG one - the 'grande bouche' (eugh!! :D )

I don't want one like that - I want one like the one Django played..

He's in another country to me and it's hard to communicate with him as he seems to want to go his own way without hearing what I'm saying in my emails.. if I could only send him the correct dimensions (especially scale length, neck/body join position, bouts etc.) he might get the idea..

Anyway, I don't have any money so can't spend £50 incl. postage on this: (https://www.lmii.com/plans/3537-plan-1930s-selmer-model-807-jazz-guitar.html)

Can anyone please send me some measurements / dimensions / plans for a proper Django-style 'petite bouche' one?

I'd be most grateful!! :D

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator

Neck angle is the most critical (and that depends on top arch or pliage). Don't take that right off the plans or your bridge height won't be right. You have to work that out for yourself. But search on this forum under BYO or 'neck angle' and you will find lots of discussion and dimensions.

bluemoves
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Also there used to be a ton of good info at the Musical Instrument Makers Forum. (www.mimf.com)

Good luck!

bluemovesJojo