DjangoBooks.com

OnZoom = Selling tickets to Gypsy Jazz Zoom events ?

AzazzellAzazzell CanadaNew
edited November 2020 in North America Posts: 174

OnZoom is Zoom's new official marketplace for selling tickets to Zoom events.

It is currently in beta and limited to US only, but looks like it will go global in 2021.

Coupled with their new High Fidelity Music Mode, could this be used for Gypsy Jazz? Would you pay for events ?

Comments

Just like live in person show, depends on who's playing and how much the tickets are. And will they make it easy to pay and listen. I'll admit here that I went to buy shows for DFNW only to be turned off when I needed to fill out the membership with a list of information. Just take my money and let me listen to the show...

billyshakesAzazzellBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JojoJojo London UK

I watched Robin Nolan’s gig recently; just the right length and at a decent price and a) I watched it in the comfort of my own home without the need to travel and b) I could enjoy a relatively inexpensive glass of wine. Basically, a relaxing night.

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Plus, he had a deal where he sold 3 digital CDs for ~$10 if you so chose. It felt like going to a gig and supporting your favorite band. They did a really great job and agree it was just the right length.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliamsJojo
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

It felt like going to a gig and supporting your favorite band.

Yeah, that was my feeling also.

Plus for those of us far from normal GJ venues it's a welcome opportunity to catch a live gig. This has been a bumper year as I've been able to hear great music online from Robin's, Bireli's, Rocky's, Christiaan's front rooms and Angelo's yard as well as gigs in concert halls, a church, a café and a Paris wine cellar.

billyshakesBucoJojo
  • JojoJojo London UK

@Bill Da Costa Williams now feeling left out! Had no idea these other gigs were offered. I need my ear closer to the ground ( where were these advertised?)

AndrewUlle
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

@Jojo where were these advertised?

As far as I can recall, all appeared here: Denis Chang organised the Bireli, Rocky, Angelo and Jimmy Rosenberg sessions, DFNW had a whole bunch of sessions from around the world; both Eva Sur Seine and Bireli concerts were shared here too.

• JojoJojo London UK

Thanks Bill. I should check in daily as opposed to monthly. I should also set up alerts from DC; I have loads of stuff from his site and need to follow him more on FB and others.