DjangoBooks.com

J.Castalucia

MarcdMarcd Westport, CTNew Bernabe M15, Martin OM28 MD

I'm considering a purchase of 'Sweet Chorus's, gran boucher, 650 mm, 12 fret, interior varnish,

Walnut neck, spruce sound board and laminated sides and back with rosewood veneer.

It's somewhat frustrating buying online without a chance to actually play the instrument.

I would greatly appreciate input from anyone with experience in this instrument giving me an opinion. Thanks!

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

I’ve never played your particular model, but I bought a 2013 Castellucia F-hole at this site in 2013, and I am still real happy with it.

I also bought mine without playing it, but as I recall our esteemed host Mr. Michael Horowitz had posted a little video of himself playing it so I could hear what it sounded like.

Anyway, the laminated back and sides make it ultralight, which I like, and the workmanship is beautiful.

And my friends, both guitarists and non-, tell me they love the sound of it...

I thought about selling this cute little blonde a couple of years ago when I needed some money, but now I’m glad I didn’t!

Good luck with your purchase,

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • MarcdMarcd Westport, CTNew Bernabe M15, Martin OM28 MD

Thanks Will, much appreciated.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited January 2021 Posts: 1,855

Please come back and tell us know how it all worked out, Marc!

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."