DjangoBooks.com

Billet-Deux: Alita

pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
edited June 2007 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 245
While we're praising Ted for his Samois triumph, I wanted to say that I've been listening to Alita a lot since I bought it at Django in June, and I really love the CD. It's a refreshing approach, the playing is the highest caliber, and hearing a cello in a GJ context is very cool indeed.

-Paul
Reject the null hypothesis.

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    I like the cello playing and arranging by James Hinkley as well. Some fine interpretations on this CD. I listen to random cuts every few weeks and appreciate all of the arrangements, with the lone exception of "Artillerie Lourde" which was surprisingly great, "live" at DFNW in Langley WA! Two compositions by solo guitarist Troy and one by bassman Kevin Stevens.
    Like the liner notes say: "We have an enormous amount of territory we would like to explore. This CD is the start."
    Cudos to Ted on Rhythm guitar! Glad I took a lesson from him before he left Seattle!
    Rocky