DjangoBooks.com

Recent interesting offering on youtube, LP, CD, etc

AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
edited May 2021 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 541

Check out these young people from the US (I thought they were Canadians/ Québécoise) who perform under the name Pomplamoose:

They are very entertaining, if not 100% true to form - but that's OK. Enjoy!

WilliebillyshakesAndyW

Comments

They've been around for a while.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Yeah, I've been a long time fan of their work. Their early videos were really fun and creative. I think it was last year that they released an album of all French songs. Looks like they are going to release another this summer. It is really a band that started out as Nataly Dawn and her husband, Jack Conte (I've mentioned before, he went on to found Patreon and you can find a video on youtube about that story). Now it is best described as a musical collective, with various different friends and guest artists joining Jack & Natalie but not always the same group of musicians.

Buco
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

For me (and a lot of people my age) 2008 is very recent LOL!

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsBucovanmalmsteen

Good point.

Interesting note on this. I'm on their mailing list and Nataly just wrote yesterday to say that her doctor found a small basal cell carcinoma on her nose, and that skin cancer runs in her family. It appears they caught it early, but their output will slow a bit from the 1 song/week they typically post as she takes a break for treatment. I wish her a complete recovery!

AndrewUlle

Pomplamoose just released their version of the Charles Trenet classic "Que reste t-il de nos amours?"

MarkA