DjangoBooks.com

New Album

bambalambambalam New
in Welcome Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to share with you an album I just released called "Two Guitars". I am a guitar player/producer in Los Angeles and over the past couple of years I have taken a deep dive down the gypsy jazz wormhole. Although I still feel like I'm just getting my feet wet in this style, It felt like a good time to make a record of what I've been working on. It's not strictly a Gypsy jazz record but there are a lot of songs you will all be familiar with and hopefully a few surprises.

In normal times I probably would have done this with a band but covid had me holed up alone in the studio and as I started recording I liked what was happening with just two tracks of guitars so- aside from two of the songs- I went with it. It's kind of a solo duo record.

If you want to take a listen here is a link to stream on all platforms

https://danpetty.hearnow.com

or you can stream on my website. danpetty.net

Oh yeah, all the songs but one were played on my Holo D-hole that I bought last year from Scoredog through this website!

thanks!

Dan

ScoredogBillDaCostaWilliamsBucoBonesvanmalmsteen

Comments

• MondoslugMondoslug New

You sound great Dan...bravo!

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

Great stuff Dan! super clean as are all your recordings...well done!

and welcome to my old ripping guitar playing buddy Mondoslug!

• bambalambambalam New

thanks guys!

It feels like a party going on here.

Just started listening...damn... good.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

Nice work Dan! You got a great guitar from Scoredog too!

• bambalambambalam New

thanks! and yes, I feel so lucky to have gotten that guitar. I have some really nice guitars but the Holo is something else- it just makes you want to play. Unfortunately, my 14 year old son has discovered it and wants to play it all the time as well!

BillDaCostaWilliams

I'm really enjoying the album. I have a Holo and am not too far in San Diego!

Digging the Donna Lee track.

Interviewed for Fretboard magazine, pretty awesome:

Interestingly just a few days before you came to the forum, my daughter was watching Doc McStuffins and music caught my ear and I was thinking to myself like "this kids music isn't naive at all, you can hear someone really crafty is behind this".

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel