DjangoBooks.com

Second hand guitar

bjornoricobjornorico The NetherlandsNew Altamira M01
in Welcome Posts: 22

Hello i have a guitar i bought second hand does the guitar need a setup and new frets?

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

It's difficult to say without knowing more about the guitar. It appears to be a Fischman and a quick google search brought up a lot about Fishman, but nothing about Fischman. Most guitars could benefit from a set-up by a good repairman or luthier, and frets can be leveled, crowned, and polished cheaper than replacement. TFOA is located in the Netherlands and they do great work on Gypsy Jazz guitars. You appear to have an Altamira M01, so give us a comparison, please. Congrats on your new purchase!

• bjornoricobjornorico The NetherlandsNew Altamira M01

Thanks for your answer its a guitar build by german luthier Micheal Fischer here is a link

The tailpiece is very low compared to my Altamira and i think the bridge isnt original. Here is a few more pictures

I contacted Leo Eimers via email if he can give me advice no answer yet so i thougth i would ask here to

Low tailpiece points to the shallow neck angle. Could be that's how it's built or the top caved in some or the neck pulled up some. It can still be a good sounding and playing guitar. Hopefully you'll be able to have Leo look at it.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel