DjangoBooks.com

Astuces Book

VerchachoVerchacho Orlando, FloridaNew
edited July 2006 in Classifieds Posts: 31
I am looking to buy the Angelo Debarre & Samy Daussat - Astouces de la guitare Manouche Vol.2 + Audio CD

If anyone knows of one for sale please let me know.

Thank You

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    Wow, Michael I didnt reallize you had that one, I had looked locally for it and both stores that carry Vol. I had told me that Vol.II could not be made available in the U.S.(I believe when trying to obtain if from their distributor).

Feel like making a comment or two about this particular book? Whats in it etc.. I enjoyed Vol. I quite a bit

Chuck
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Chuck,

It's a really well written book....it's not a tutorial like the first. It's all Angelo Debarre transcriptions. They seem to be really accurate...fingering and picking as well. I really like this series...one of the few books that is true to the style.

'm
  • kerouackerouac Near LuxembourgNew
    But Vol. II is in french, isn´t it?

I made the mistake to buy the "L´Esprit manouche" book in french. I spent more time with my dictionary than wih my guitar.
    kerouac...formerly known as SwingOpi.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    kerouac wrote:
    But Vol. II is in french, isn´t it?

I made the mistake to buy the "L´Esprit manouche" book in french. I spent more time with my dictionary than wih my guitar.

Doesn't matter since it's not a method book. There's almost no text...it's all transcriptions. That's why they never bothered to release an English version....
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    kerouac wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about that-the translation is pretty atrocious!
  • DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    I totally agree with Jack on that one(L'Espirit), really bad translation. You might spend time with a dictionary wth the french version, but you spend plenty of time trying to figure out what is being said int he english version. One of the few books that I can honestly say I can only ever process a page or two at a time in.

Chuck