DjangoBooks.com

My effort with Choti

in Welcome Posts: 4,740

I recorded a video yesterday. Thanks @BrettN for asking the question. Included are the bloopers to put things is perspective a little.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
vanmalmsteenWillieAzazzellJSantaScoredogBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristjaredChrisMartinnomadgtrand 15 others.

Comments

• MikeKMikeK Asheville, NCNew Altamira M-10, Epiphone Zephyr Regent

Extraordinary, Buco. We need more waltzes, thanks for the heavy inspiration.

Buco

Thank you, Mike. I only play a few. So many pretty melodies. But they're a textbook exercise for gypsy picking. I heard it many times, if you want to work on your technique, play waltzes.

MikeKPassacaglia
  • AzazzellAzazzell CanadaNew
    edited August 2021 Posts: 174

Good stuff.

"103rd time is a charm" 😀

Buco

It felt that way.

• vonadamnvonadamn Valatie, NYNew Anastasio, Sonora, Busato

Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Buco

Thanks a lot.

• BrettNBrettN New

Hey Buco, Well done my friend- that sounds great! I'm still stumbling over that lick but I've been working a lot on improv since we last spoke- so now it's your turn to motivate and inspire me! I'm gonna get back to Choti and finish it!

Can I ask you one question? What made you play the majority of the melody down around fifth position? I've been playing it around first position (where Stochelo plays it in the live video)- do you feel or hear a benefit playing it up there?

Great work man- and thank you for sharing and posting,

Cheers

Thanks Brett. Now I can go back to working on improv. But yeah man, let's get it done.

No particular reason. As I was figuring out the melody along Stochelo's recording, I heard his guitar timbre was different but I didn't give it much thought. @billyshakes pointed that out too and I thought maybe I'll learn it in the first position, started but didn't see it through. I do like the snap these guitars get with open strings and around the first position but the tone is sweeter further down the neck. That wasn't my thinking though. I wasn't thinking really, just went there.

In absence of jams and live gigs, at least we have ways like this to share music. Thanks again

billyshakesAndyW
  • BrettNBrettN New

Thanks Buco-you've done well!👍️

Buco
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

Nice work!

Buco