DjangoBooks.com

**SOLD** 1950's Castellucia - Sweden

littleknickylittleknicky Sweden
edited February 2022 in Classifieds Posts: 16

Hey gang,

I haven't really posted much, but have been lurking around for maybe a decade.

Selling my 1950's Castillucia guitar over here in the land of IKEA. It's got that old guitar dry sound - I'll avoid the word mojo - and is lots of fun to play. Thought I would post it here in case anyone is interested over on this side of the pond.

It's had a bunch of work done over its lifetime - most notably a top repair at some point, a truss rod installed, and a new fretboard with inlays. It's not at all a perfect specimen but it plays great and sounds just as good or better than other dhole Castillucias I have tried from this time period. Lots of these guitars need a lot of work to get to a playable condition - here the work has already been done. Just had new Evo frets installed, a new bridge made, and had a luthier check the stability of old work.

There is a possibility that I'll bring it to Northern California later this year. I'll update if that's the case.

And actually, I'm looking to replace it with an archtop. So would be open for some type of trade.

Some videos - please excuse some sloppy playing, still getting used to this multitrack stuff:

rudolfochristWillieBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesJSantaBuco

Comments

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl

Like the sound!

Hope it goes to good home.

littleknicky
  • littleknickylittleknicky Sweden

I hope so as well!

It's perfect for someone looking for the old sound. Really fun to play waltzes and dig in.  I found I just don't give it enough attention compared to my main guitar.  There aren't so many players in my area so I thought I'd broaden the web, so to speak.

BillDaCostaWilliams
  • littleknickylittleknicky Sweden

Sold.

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams