True, but that doesn't mean it won't affect the sound.
My intuition is that it will largely depend on the type of wood used, the amount and type of glue used, and the fit between both the glued pieces as well as the fit between the bottom piece and the top of the guitar. I could imagine a very clean job with little or no noticeable difference in tone, but the opposite is also true.
My Vit Cach guitar has a two piece bridge. It's rosewood with a strip of ebony along the top edge that contacts with the strings. I think it's a fantastic solution. None of the problems with string crushing the slots and all the weight advantages of rosewood.
Comments
True, but that doesn't mean it won't affect the sound.
My intuition is that it will largely depend on the type of wood used, the amount and type of glue used, and the fit between both the glued pieces as well as the fit between the bottom piece and the top of the guitar. I could imagine a very clean job with little or no noticeable difference in tone, but the opposite is also true.
Yes, in short. What are you getting at, raising the action or making something like that from scratch?
My Vit Cach guitar has a two piece bridge. It's rosewood with a strip of ebony along the top edge that contacts with the strings. I think it's a fantastic solution. None of the problems with string crushing the slots and all the weight advantages of rosewood.
edit: added image
Many thanks for your replies. I would possibly make the bridge from scratch. A good idea to have the ebony top.