DjangoBooks.com

Faux recording

Carlo GentenaarCarlo Gentenaar The Netherlands✭✭ John Le Voi
edited October 2021 in Repertoire Posts: 77

I was going to ask about this recording but I already found the answer. It's a recording by the Faux Frenchmen. It was put on youtube with Django's name on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbDqp1JV5lU

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,261

When I first heard this, apparently 7 years ago, I posted that it was obviously not Django or Steph and was told I was wrong. It is clearly not either; not even close. It is so dour and uninspiring. No vitality, no joie de vivre, no lyricism. I think Django and Steph would be devastated if they knew somebody thought it was them playing.

wim
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity

The same person also posted a version of “Please be Kind” again claiming incorrectly, it was Django and Steph.

Yeah I'm not clear why is still being passed as Django and Stephane after all these years. Of course they can't be compared to the two masters but they're pretty darn good band otherwise. I listened to the few of their albums after I found out by chance the name of the band. Their violinist commented on one of these videos saying the name of the band. Also not sure why they're not more active to spread the word on YT it's their band, it would serve them well.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited October 2021 Posts: 1,457

Nobody who actually listens to Django would mistake this (nor "Please be Kind") as the QHCF.

I heard they were from a game soundtrack (Bioshock). I guess I'll charitably assume the youtube account holder was just clueless and not actually trying to 'pass it off' for whatever reason ..

• BonesBones Moderator

Haha yeah it's from Django and Stephane's fentanyl phase they went thru.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams