DjangoBooks.com

Jean-Pierre Favino | Guitar Archive

imageJean-Pierre Favino | Guitar Archive

Luthier: Jean-Pierre Favino Model: Modele 10 Deluxe Year: 1985 Serial #: 959 Top: Spruce Back and Sides: Laminated Brazilian Rosewood Neck: 3 Piece Maple Tuners: ? Tailpiece: Bilardi Pickup: None Owner: Private Location: New York City YouTube:

Read the full story here

rudolfochrist

Comments

• MahikanMahikan New

Hi

I'm Tchocolo Winterstein's daughter.

I know the story of this guitar.

At first, it was my dad's guitar. But one day, he decided to give it to his brother Franck. After that, my dad met my mom Macha, who was a tzigane singer, and they got married. As a wedding gift, my uncle Franck gave this Favino to my mom. She played this Favino 5 years or so, then she gave it back to my dad, because he didn't have any guitar at that time. Then my dad met Dallas, and I think he trusted him to play this Favino, so my dad gave (emphasis on GAVE) it to Dallas. But Dallas sold it to an American collector.

Now, my uncle Franck and my dad Tchocolo have both passed away. Franck passed away on February 20th 2020 and my dad passed away 3 days ago, on November 16th 2021. And I'm really sad to know that this guitar is so far away. In my mind, when I think about my dad playing the guitar, I have the image of this Favino in mind. It's my dad's guitar and my parents' guitar. He had other guitars but in my mind, this Favino is the only one. MY DAD'S GUITAR.

I'd like to have this Favino in my hands... For it to come back to my family... So please, if you know who has this guitar right now, tell me...

Thank you so much

BillDaCostaWilliamswimChristopheCaringtonbillyshakesrudolfochristBucoMichaelHorowitzPassacaglia
  • rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

this is sad news 😢

My deepest condolences. I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope you will get your fathers guitar back.

Started like a heartwarming story but ending was less so. I hope your family gets reunited with that Favino.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel