DjangoBooks.com

My new guitar by Shelley Park

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

That's her work alright! Looks great. Welcome to the Park Owner's Club.

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

This guitar only had to travel some 150 miles between Vancouver and here. This morning it is in Memphis Tennessee going through customs clearance at FedEx's hub. It will arrive Monday afternoon or evening.

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

Apparently its on a truck to be delivered to me today. Oh boy!!!!

Buco

I'm not the one to tell you as an instrument maker, but don't let the eagerness get the better of you in case it's too cold today. I rushed to free up my guitar from the package and the blistering Chicago air gave it lacquer spider cracks in a instant.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

It was actually quite mild when it arrived. I was actually airing out the house so the thermal shock was hardly at all. I've had just a few minutes with it and its absolutely a dream. And powerful when one wants it to be. I just now have to get used to a longer scale length again (I've been playing something at 610mm). Its going to be a great instrument to get to know!

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

You are actually lucky it made it out of Memphis. Those tornadoes ripped right through there and have caused significant delays to service.

• cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭

This new guitar is fantastic! This is what I wrote Shelley last night:

"Just sat down with the guitar again tonight. Every single note on this guitar is perfect. There is a maturity to the sound and projection that one finds in guitars long after they have been played in. Except that it seems more so in this guitar. I can think of only this one old Spanish guitar that my friend Brian Streeger owns that approaches this characteristic. Its like every note stands out, with great depth and character, more or less evenly across the scale and not a single note giving anything up. There is no "weak" part of the range or scale - its all in, and forthright. I don't know if its the "secret sauce" that you added at my request or that is simply how you make them these days - but this thing is a friggin' force of nature! "

• pdgpdg ✭✭

So what's the secret sauce?

Buco
  • ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

I had to do a quick search - seems like it's already gone!

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F