DjangoBooks.com

Community in Austria

MaFrMaFr AustriaNew G. Mateos Jazz B
edited January 2022 in Welcome Posts: 4

Hey everyone,

first of all I want to say hello from Austria to everybody out there. I just joined the forum here because I want to get in contact with people in the gypsy-jazz-world or Jazz in general. Unfortunately the community in my hometown (Salzburg) seems to be not really big but hopefully I’m wrong🤞🏼!?

i started playing guitar maybe 20 years ago and I just bought my first manouche-guitar. A Mateos Jazz B and i really start to fall in love with this type of guitar an music. So the best thing that could happen know , would be to find people in the area of Salzburg for some Jamsessions or just to learn from them.

so if someone is here, I reeeeaaally would love to play with real people again instead of the playback tracks on YouTube!!!

so stay safe!!

markus

WillieBillDaCostaWilliamswimbillyshakesBuco

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

Welcome on board!

What a fine guitar.

• KlausUSKlausUS AustriaNew Cholet Intuition, Gaffiero Original, AJL Q&P
    edited February 2022 Posts: 64

Hi Markus,

nice guitar and great to see that you are into Gypsy Jazz.

I am not in Salzburg but in Vienna.

To find someone near Salzburg try also out the Austrian Facebook Groups on Gypsy Jazz:

Diknu Schneeberger Academy

Gypsy Jazz Vienna

Jazz#503

or

drop a Message to Diknu Schneeberger (via Facebook or Youtube), he has a What´s App group with members not only from Vienna or Austria. Maybe you find someone there near Salzburg.

Happy Gypsypicking from Vienna,

Klaus

• MaFrMaFr AustriaNew G. Mateos Jazz B

Hey Klaus,

thanks for the advice!!! I'll try to contact Diknu maybe he knows someone.

thx

Markus

KlausUS